Making Money With Used Computers
I was looking around on ebay the other day, and I realized that there is a great potential for making money in the used computer market. So I decided to give it a try myself and I found that one can actually be quite successful in this, and I wanted to share what I came up with.
The ideal is basically that you will buy cheap complete computers (usually the type used in an office) and buy a few upgrade parts which will allow you to resell it as a gaming computer. It does take a little bit of computer know-how to do this, but the main idea is this:
- Find a used OEM system on sites like amazon or ebay or even craigslist.
- Ensure that it has everything included (operating system, hard drive, etc).
- Find a used graphics card that is compatible (small form factor cards are good as you typically won’t need to upgrade the power supply) and get it all together.
- (Optional) Get some accessories that you can include like a cheap LED lit gaming mouse and keyboard.
- Test it out with a few modern, popular games (CS: GO, League of Legends, etc.)
- Resell the entire system as a gaming PC.
I was able to build a good system capable of running modern titles for $200. This system could easily resell for $350+.
Online is the best place to find these items, but don’t overlook Ft. Lauderdale pawn shops and garage sales too. Occasionally you can get a good deal on an office computer that would make for a good initial system to upgrade.
So there you have it. A pretty easy way to make a little money with a low investment. And with the holiday season quickly approaching, now is the time to give this a try.